Thursday, August 17, 2006

I May Not Be Pregnant, But I Look It ... ha, ha

The first couple of days of living after the cancellation was excruciating. Sucker punch to the stomach, sucker. Breathless and gasping for two days. I wondered whether the abysmal pain would ever end. How long will this feeling linger? And didnt i just suffer through two weeks of a drug induced depression just the other day. Man, not this again. Again. Again. Again.

To dig the abysmal hole deeper, apparently, i was also suffering from a case of ovarian hyperstimuation syndrome. Oh, you know, bloating, distended stomach, breathlessness. I looked like a 6 month pregnant woman...ironic, huh? Probably as close to as pregnancy as i'll ever get.

The doctor's office, supposedly, called and left a message for me to come in the next day after the cancellation because they had a concern for ohss too. Unfortunately, i did not get the message and assumed that all the bloat was normal. Funny, huh?

By the time they called to follow up, i wasnt so bloated anymore and i figured i didnt need to go in anymore. I'm feeling better. I'm still a little bloated, but a mild case of ohss is treated with rest and more rest.

So, that's where we're at. Exciting case of ohss.

4 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, Blogger Lut C. said...

I'm glad your sense of humour is still serving you in dire times like this.
What an awful thing to go through, twice.

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, crap. I'm so sorry about the cancellation and the OHSS on top of it. You're in my thoughts.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Kris said...

When it rains, it pours, eh? I'm so sorry and hope you are feeling a little less distended.

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger StellaNova said...

Sorry this has all been so crap. Bloat is always a most pleasant side-effect. Hope you're feeling better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home