Sunday, July 30, 2006

Another Drug Induced Moment

Under the influence of female hormones, i made the following purchase:



Not one but THREE sets of Winnie the Pooh and Tigger bookends. Why, you might query of the formally lucid now clearly muddled Fertile Soul??? Well, one for her sister, who is preggo. And one for her friend, who had a baby months ago and Fertile Soul has yet to visit (tsk, tsk, shame, shame). Good thing she finally found a gift, huh? And, well, one for Fertile Soul. Yes, ladies, i've gone and done it. I purchased something baby-wise. I know it's so pathetic, emphasis on SO PATHETIC. I havent been so pathetic in years. I mean, well, i have but the point is i havent purchased anything for my kids in years. And, in a very healthy moment, i gave everything i did purchase or acquire over the years away, after way too many infertile years ... except for a wooden train set and the dress i saved from when i was a kid. Yes, i've been planning and saving for that long.

But just the other day i was in Borders for an entirely different reason, and there were these beautiful book ends. Not just that, they're books too, look:

See, the book slides out of the bookend with Tigger attached to the cover and then opens into a book:


Cute, huh? AND, the set was only $7.99 at Borders. I took the last three, greedy girl that i am ... one for me, just in case, you know, things work out, dreams come true, prayers are answers (i hope, God willing).

In the end, there's another person i could give the third set to (isn't there always) so i dont have to be stuck with this drug induced purchase if i dont want to. Or i could fling it at the window. I'm sure it makes an excellent projectile device for the fertile mind.

But, at the moment of purchase in the store, when i was getting it for my sister and friend, when i really justed wanted one for myself, i could not deny myself this guilty pleasure.

I just hope i can display it one day in my house.

5 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

So cute! I hope that you get to use them soon!

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger StellaNova said...

I am sure that one day ... hopefully soon ... they will be a beautiful addition to your home. :)

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Kris said...

I love Pooh and Tigger! I'm glad you got one for yourself. It made you happy and clearly has you feeling hopeful. What a perfect treat for yourself.

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger NikkiM said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger NikkiM said...

Tee hee... confession, dh is a football freak & player & coach of a mens & women's team - for over 30 years now EEK! His women's team are the reining Nation Touch Football Champions right now.

So, since IVF usually=multiples I didn't buy one, I bought TWO little onsies with tearaway pants in a football jersey type design in his Team's colours!! I was going to get the guy who does the embroidery on his team jerseys to put our last name with a I and the other with an II... but I won't get that freaky until my little soul or hopefully souls are born... seriously, you're not alone :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home