Monday, November 20, 2006

A Gift From OHSS!

First, after IVF 2 cancellation on August 14, we got a nice parting gift of OHSS. Sweet, huh? Now, it turns out, OHSS left me with a nice parting gift, a big fat ovarian cyst. I havent read about this occurring to others (but it might have missed my radar), but in case you're curious, i know what the symptoms are.

It turns out that the extra dose of pms i've been having the past few months are related to the extra hormones that are still coursing through my body. I blame this on the extra dose of menopure that was added to ivf 2 for the extra umph. Anyway, pms has been really bad. It starts out 2-3 weeks before my period. I get really bloated, and my breasts swell and HURT for a good 10 days of the time. Then we have ravenous hunger, where we need to eat half a cake and then half a bag of chips. It's all the symptoms i had when i was actually ON THE DRUGS.

So this month, i do nothing out of the ordinary, and i'm standing in the washroom to wash my hands, when i bend over and POP. I thought i pulled a vertebrate low in my back. I couldnt move. What happened? I'm so outta shape, my office chair is killing me. I dont know. Then the next day, my entire lower abdomen is aching me. I thought i pulled a muscle that just tugged on my stomach. I had no idea.

It turns out, i discovered after a week of this, that i had popped a cyst...or so i think. The ultrasound shows A LOT of fluid in my belly. And the doctor said that it looks like the situation was resolving itself. But, man o man, my ovary was aching me. I think i had more than one, or something, because the THROBBING wouldnt stop. And then, i'm wondering, WHY is it THROBBING so much. The doctor said it would resolve itself, but this doesnt feel like resolution. This feels like a massive complaint session.

Anyway, fun times in the fertile soul. Remind me to NEVER EVER do ivf again. Stupid ivf. I hate ivf. I think ivf is really a torture mechanism. And i hate all the "kind" encouragement i received to actually do ivf. I hate kind encouragement. And, and i hate the people who give kind (read blind) encouragement too.

Ok, that last one aint so true. I just hate the situation.

4 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Who's encouraging you to do IVF? Let me at them! I'll teach 'em!

What a lousy parting gift, I hope you recover from it swiftly.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger BigP's Heather said...

I can't even imagine that kind of pain! Ouch!

I'm so sorry Sweetie. That sounds really sucktastic.

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. The gift that keeps on giving, huh? I hope you start to feel better soon.

 
At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just catching up on your blog...

I cringed when i read "Pop" OMG, how awful. I hope the pain is gone now....

For surwe ivf is the gift that keps on givig, whether physical or emtional, sucks doesn't it? (I hate it too)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home