Wednesday, April 12, 2006

OH MY GOD ... DID I JUST SCREW THIS CYCLE UP?! HELP!!!

Ok, y'all know i was supposed start stims today. And, since my baseline Monday, i've been trying to figure out a way to start earlier and waiting, waiting, WAITING for April 12 to come around! Now, there's just one teensy, weensy problem. I forgot, COMPLETELY FORGOT, that stims are done twice a day, TWICE. That means, once in the morning and once in the evening.

Well this little brainchild made this realization on the train home from work. I made it home in time for the evening stim, but missed the morning stim (waaaaaaaaaaaaa) Now, i'm wondering, did i just screw up my schedule???? Can i still be aspirated by April 24? Or did i just completely muck this up? Someone please tell me it's ok.

And i still have a question about pomelo. Anyone know where i can get my hands on some?

THANKS!

3 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger Coloratura said...

Don't panic... I'm not a doctor, but if it's your first day, I'm going to wager you're okay. The drugs accumulate and you can probably just do an extra stim here or there... but call your doctor first thing tomorrow. I'm sure you're not the first person to get mixed up — it's not like the documentation for this stuff is world class. Everyone I now who has done IVF has been completely underwhelmed with the training you get for the meds...

Hang in there and good luck!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Kris said...

I completely skipped a whole day in my first ever stim cycle and all ended up fine-especially so early. Check with the doc. I'm sure its fine. Good Luck.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger linda said...

In my first IVF cycle, I accidentally shot part of my first dosage onto the kitchen ceiling - my doctor had me do 5 vials instead of 3 at the next injection. Let them know ASAP. In the beginning of your cycle your ovaries/eggs are undergoing recruitment...so this time is kind of crucial to get the proper dosage (according to my doc).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home