Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Running On Empty

I saw my sister this weekend. She looked fatigued, exhausted, and totally stressed out. Totally. She's a ph.d candidate and this is not exactly the best timing for a baby, when you teach and study all day long, especially someone who's been stressed out by her teach/study schedule.

But you know what, there was a moment there where i thought, man, i would NOT want to be in her shoes. I would not want to be that stressed out, so behind in rest, so backed up in a quiet time, and then expecting to have a baby soon, before there's a chance to destress and take it all in. I do not envy that kind of stress. I do not wish it upon anyone.

I am so content not to have it. Really, i'd rather have no baby and no stress, then a baby with stress to my eyeballs. That's no way to live, not for you or baby. I mean, a baby brings its own stress and pressures, so, you've got to be ready for that. You cant already be maxed out on your stress reserves when a baby comes. Then you're always running on empty. I HATE that feeling. I'm so glad that's not me.

2 Comments:

At 4:47 AM, Blogger Meg said...

Hi Fertile Soul. I decided earlier this evening to have an aimless blog wander, and I wanted to say this: you made me go into archives.That's quite a big deal you know, and novel rejection or no novel rejection, there's still some great blog-writing here. And that counts, you know. We might think it doesn't, but it actually does.

Meg x

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Chelsi said...

That is so cool that you could have such an objective perspective on your sister's situation. I give you big props for being able to do that. I agree, I wouldn't want to live that way either. Sounds like her life is so crazy hectic, she won't have time to truly enjoy it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home