Saturday, May 13, 2006

That's My Life

I met a woman today who has my life ... or, i should say, the one i planned on having. We share the same major, we share the same career, and we're both romantics at heart. The only difference is, she never really wanted a big family and i did. But once she started having kids, she realized it wasn't such a bad idea afterall. And then she ended up with nine. NINE. And she works full time ... as a lawyer. That's awesome, man. Just awesome.

And that's the life i always wanted.

And i feel happy for her and sad for myself because i know exactly what she has and it's everything i ever wanted. And it's great. Great for her. And a little bittersweet for me. Is that bad to say? Because i dont want to detract from what she has. God bless her and her family. Everyone deserves a big family, imho. That's all. Everyone.

Including me.

3 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think its bad to recognize that its bittersweet to you that someone else has what you so desparately want. That's kind of what I was getting in my latest post too. This IF stuff is just so hard, and even when you find someone who gets it, sometimes they get lucky and you don't and its hard not to let the green-eyed monster rear its head once in a while.

Sending hugs.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Donna said...

It's not bad to feel a little cheated when you see someone who fulfilled your dreams. It's normal and human and we can't be saints all the time. You deserve to be happy, as does everyone.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Kris said...

I agree. We have these feelings of desire to be parents for a reason. It's very natural to feel jealous of those who have what we want. I never wish to trade places with these people- I wouldn't wish IF on anybody. But I certainly wish I had what they have. And you're right. Everyone who wants a big family deserves to have on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home