Friday, April 21, 2006

I Feel Really Bad

So, i cant get over the fact that my estradiol plateaued and was in fact down a few points from yesterday. I feel really bad about this, like suddenly, crying nonstop seems like a really good idea. To induce this deluge is the following report from Dr. Google:

Subtle spontaneous decreases in estradiol levels are associated with very poor IVF outcomes.

This from a report entitled "Falling estradiol levels as a result of intentional reduction in gonadotrophin dose are not associated with poor IVF outcomes, whereas spontaneously falling estradiol levels result in low clinical pregnancy rates."

Dont you find that disturbing and cry-worthy? And did it have to say "very poor IVF outcomes," like poor IVF outcome wasn't bad enough. But very poor? What am i supposed to do with that little bit of joyous news? Huh?!

Moreover, i no longer feel bloated. I feel physically great today. My boobs are still a bit sore. But I feel some EWCM. Should i be concerned that i ovulated? Well, i am concerned.

I feel really bad about this. Anyone have experience with this?

It's just one of those days.

4.5 hours to trigger.

4 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger zhl said...

So sorry. Sometimes I think Google is just another hope-draining device.

Still holding out hope for you.

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have any experience with decreasing E2 levels, but having EWCM is normal and doesn't mean that you've ovulated. I've had it in every one of my fresh cycles and never ovulated before ER. Since you were on Lupron, the chances of premature ovulation is very small.

I know it's impossible not to worry about all of this, but all you can do is keep on going. If your RE didn't think it was worth continuing, he/she would have canceled your cycle. I know it's hard, though.

Good luck with trigger and best of luck with ER on Sunday!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Lori said...

I'm sorry your E2 levels aren't cooperating. My clinic didn't measure my E2 levels during my IVF, so I have no idea what they were prior to trigger. My clinic went only by the u/s pictures.

Perhaps we try to read our bodies too much. I know that for me, knowing so much about the signs of ovulation has been good and bad. All we want is for our bodies to work the way they're supposed to!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Donna said...

You know Dr. Google isn't a real doctor, right? Your situation is your situation, try not to read too much into your symptoms or lack thereof. Your body is being hijacked by drugs, nothing is normal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home