Friday, April 21, 2006

Trigger

Oh, the adventures of today never end. Dh took me out to my favorite restaurant. It was a beautiful day and lovely ride. Midway through the meal, i had the worst stomach ache, having to run to the bathroom for number 2. Disgusting. But it gets worse. I have the worst stomach cramps, but at the same time, i want to throw up. I feel my pulse rise because i cant decide which one is worse. I absolutely HATE throwing up. But, oh the stomach cramps. It's the worst sensation.

But it gets worse.

There is only one stall in this bathroom and it clogs up. Yeah, that's right. I flushed the toilet to watch it slowly swell back, and suddenly i have visions of the contents overflowing all over and me having to explain this faisco to the restaurant manager. FUN TIMES. Conveniently, the owners have a plunger right by the toilet (guess this isnt the first time the toilet clogs up). I decide that it's worth trying to clear this up without giving anyone a glimpse of my stomach's malcontent.

Disaster averted. But, i have to wonder where the stomach upset came from. Was it the spicey food not mixing well on Follistim? Or was it just bad food? I dont know. It was just awful all around.

We come home with plenty of time trigger by 8pm. Our clinic gave us an instruction video, courtesy of the drug makers. Wouldnt you guess, the HCG portion of the video is scratched and unwatchable?

So then we revert to the paper instructions we were given. Our clinic would have drawn a bull's eye on my butt, but they were pretty sure the trigger would be tomorrow and i was returning for an u/s tomorrow.

Ok, so no bull's eye, just a dh upset/panicked/upset about having to inject me. Anyone else fine, but just not me. And yet, i aint gonna do it. So it's back to him. Actually, he didnt try to get out of it, but he was afraid of accidentally hurting me and of accidentally hitting a sciatic nerve. It didnt help matters that the instructional video was a dud.

He pulls out a needle and drops it. New needle. He mixes the powder with the water. For some reason, he cant get all of the solution into the syringe. There's a drop left at the bottom. That took a good 5 minutes to finagle. And still, it looked like a drop was left.

Then dh repeats that he's uncomfortable with hurting me and this injection isnt going to be as "painfree" as the follistim and lupron. Once he finally locates the upper, outer quadrant of my butt, he injected me, checked for blood (none), and finished the injection. And, it wasn't as bad as all that. However, dh is still not recovered, overwhelmed and exhausted is more like.

We have retrieval scheduled for 8am Sunday. We have to leave our house by 5:30 am.

I hope the HCG works. I'm just not feeling as bloated as yesterday or as bloated as i've read that people feel right before retrieval. Is that a sign?

1 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Kris said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Good luck. I feel for you- I don't think I slept a wink the night before retrieval. Lots of positive thoughts and hugs your way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home