Thursday, June 21, 2007

Questions About Period, Help!

This may sound obvious to some, but i am quite at a loss, and doctor google can turn a girl into quite the hypochondriac. But, here's my problem. For the past few periods, my period has been (sorry to gross y'all out) clotted. You know what i mean? When you're about to flush the toilet you're suddenly taken aback by masses and clots floating around?... again, sorry about the gross out. But, then this month, same situation, except my period seems to have been cut in half down to 4-5 days instead of the usual 8-10. I'm on my fifth day and it's down to one measly very dark discharge.

The only other thing going on is a yeast infection, which i've been treating with acidophilus. I'm not on bcp.

Any ideas anyone as to what's going? I was just at the doctor's office before my period (for the yeast infection) and i feel silly going back, yet again.

7 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I couldn't say with any certainty whats going on with you, except that I have had issues with clots too for some cycles. Some are worse than others, and some not enough to notice. If it seems like excessive bleeding or lasting longer than normal you might want to go and get checked out, otherwise maybe you're just changing. I know my cycles aren't the same as they were when I was younger. Good Luck, don't worry too much!
xxoo
Lara

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I would agree with Lara that a change for the worse would merit a visit to your doctor, but since it is shorter than normal it may have something to do with the yeast infection. Sorry hon! Hope you feel better soon.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Sorry, not a clue.

 
At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

total lurker but my cycles are ALWAYS like that ever since i had my daughter!!
my Drs. just said it happens!

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger linda said...

Hey,

Dr. Toth (in NYC: www.fertiltysolution.com) thinks that heavy clotting is indicative of a uterine infection. I know this sounds whacked out, but after I did his treatment...my clots disappeared. I'd lived with heavy, clotty periods as long as I can remember (I'm 42 so that's a long time).

I'd also read years ago that for women who bleed heavily, some sort of anti-clotting factor runs out quickly when you bleed excessively. So that you start out with regular looking menses but partway through the first day or two the clots kick in. I haven't seen an online source for this in ages though so I'm not sure how valid this was.

If you have a yeast infection going on, maybe something else is out of whack. Check out Dr. Toth's website. You can download one of his books for free there.

HTH.

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clots are not normal -nor is an 8-10 menstruation. You need a chinese medicine diagnosis + acupuncture treatment and chinese herbs. If that's what your cycles are like, I'm not surprised you're having fertility problems. You need to read "The Infertility Cure" by Dr. Randine Lewis. Western medicine leaves a lot to be desired in its approach to fertility and women's health in general.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Me said...

My periods are usually clotty the first day... of course they only last for 3 days.... I'm guessing that's not normal. So basically I have no nuggets of wisdom to offer up. :/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home