Friday, April 20, 2007

Fertile Infertiles

Is the world of infertiles shrinking? I just clicked on a majority of my links here and discovered that a majority of the links are to blogs of suddenly fertile infertiles.

I need to do a little housekeeping, i suppose.

In the meantime, we learned that dh has a growth in his thyroid that needs to get taken out. They won't know for sure if its cancer until they pull it out, sometime in the next month. The biopsy was inconclusive.

Further, the wonderfully perfect job that dh got as editor of top tiered University Journal of a major Science publication just got pulled from under him because the Journal of a major Science publication decided to part company with the top tiered University and its editors. So, in addition to maybe having cancer, he's also out of a job. Let's just kick a man while he's down, why dont we.

I say that sardonically, of course. Seriously, i dont actually feel sardonic or bitter. In fact, i thank God for all things.

I feel that we've been blessed to have discovered this growth. It's asymptomatic. The only reason we did discover it was because dh needed a chest x-ray before he did the surgeries before the ivf. Those x-rays showed a growth in the thyroid. Otherwise, he would never have known that he had a 4 cm growth.

It's funny because one of the reasons i didnt want to do ivf was precisely because if anything happened to dh during the surgery, i wasnt sure i could live with myself. Now, i never imagined that it could, quite possibly, have saved his life.

So, yes, i thank God for all things.

6 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger BigP's Heather said...

Yeah, I was away for a bit...came back and there are lots of "fertile infertiles" now.

I'll be thinking about you guys. Hope the surgery goes smoothly.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger millie said...

The world is definitely shrinking but I'm still here.

I hope all goes well with your dh and the word cancer isn't involved.

How stinky to take away the dreamy dream job as well. That's beyond unfair.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Donna said...

The world does continue to spin madly on, despite our own lives. The Lord does work in mysterious ways.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

If it were up to me the world of infertiles would disappear altogether. Pronto.

The thyroid growth must have been quite shocking news. I hope it turns out to be benign, and that your husband recovers swiftly.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Kris said...

I hope everything with DH turns out to be nothing but a medical inconvenience. Keep us posted. Thinking about you guys.

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope this infertile world keeps shrinking until there are none left. I hope you join the crowd very soon.

www.thewaitingline.typepad.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home