Saturday, March 04, 2006

Drumming My Fingers

Well, i'm still here, waiting for af to arrive around March 10-11. It's been pretty regular but i do have those times where it's 5 or 6 or two weeks late. And it's been kind of a stressful month (in a good way!), so i dont know if af will get thrown off.

In the meantime, I've been taking my prenatal vitamins (Wahoo! Never got to do that before). And, let's see what else ... decided to read through the packet of information they gave us two weeks ago at our first visit ;) ... well, they gave us this packet, and i thought, pshht, i dont need this, just gimme the injections already, let's get the ball rolling.

Hehehe, didnt realize that the packet contained a ton, A TON, of forms dh and i have to read and sign before our first day of treatment OR THEY WILL NOT ALLOW US TO GO FORWARD. yikes!

So, i got to do that asap. Me and dh. I dont know what the forms say yet, so i'll report back about them if i find anything interesting.

Oh, and we're signing up for a little acupuncture ... dont know why that never occurred to us before. But dh is especially psyched about it.

Also, i decided to clean up around here. Actually, what i want to do is get the house in order because i dont want to have to do too much house work when we start ivf. And, i dont want to live in a mess for that time. And, i'm not sure what will happen with ivf, so if it goes south, i might not be in any mood to clean up for a while. And being in the dumps and living in a dump is not a good combo.

So far, i've cleaned up the family room, kitchen, and living/dining room. Now, i just want to have my laundry organized, and i should be good. It's the laundry that sometimes overwhelms. It's not my favorite chore ... and there's TOO MUCH!

I also want to continue with yoga for the next month of birth control pills, then i'm going to freeze my membership for a while. But until then, i really want to take advantage of it ... i just get so lazy about it sometimes. I LOVE IT. But i go during lunch and between getting there and the class, it runs to an hour and half. And it ends up being such an interruptions in my work day. My lunch is only 45 minutes, so if anyone notices how long i'm gone, it might create a leeettle awkward situation for me :D. There is a 7am class, but i would have to catch the 5:50 am train to make it, which means i would have to be up at 4:30am at the latest ... which i'm trying!

Ok, well, that's the plan for the next month or so, cleaning up and getting physically ready. No news on the adoption front. Apparently, many other people have come forward with similar backgrounds to the baby. The agency is going to first search through all the agencies in the area to make sure that there isnt a qualified couple that's already licensed and waiting. I've been told the agency has 6 weeks to find permanent placement for the baby. But, i think my chances with ivf are much much higher.

Having said that, i dont even know what my chances are with ivf. Hehehe, i guess i forgot to ask. The chances really dont matter so much, so long as there is "a" chance, i'm in. But, the doctor said that the chances of an actual baby being born from a fertilized egg is 25%. Wait ... actually, i think she did say something about higher chances considering that more than one embryo is transferred, i just cant remember. Maybe i should read that brochure, but i have this problem of getting overwhelmed by information overload. Ignorance is bliss.

All i want is a chance, and i leave the rest to God.

6 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Nathan Bonilla-Warford, OD said...

Good luck with the IVF. I'm not sure we will ever go there, but if we do, it is good to know there are so many who have been there and back.

Thanks for the feedback you left on my blog. As for the line that runs down the right side, I'm
not sure what you are talking about. I view the blog with various
browsers/computers and have never seen it. Can you be more specific?

-ADS?

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle...

You sound so much like me when I started treatment. It's sweet. And ... It's very refreshing.

In fact, I was forging (gasp!) my husbands signature on some of the forms that I 'forgot' to have him sign ... actually, I didn't even look at them until the morning of my first appointment. Oh, the scrambling that ensued! (did I spell that right?)

Any way... if you have any questions ... any at all ... feel free to email me and ask away!

And you are right ... you WONT feel like doing anything once treatments begin. Your mind will be on too many other things. And then you'll get pregnant, and forgetaboutit! House cleaning will come last on your list... couch lounging will come first. Uhuh!

Thanks for updating us. I was wondering what was going on!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

It is v. good to have plans to occupy the time but the blasted forms...aaack!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

i am praying for you! i am excited to see you take this journey. We chose not to go down this road, so i will live through you! loves!!

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Coloratura said...

So here's where you are... I didn't realize this was you (I just went to your old blog!)

I like the new title: positive and hopeful, as all IVFs should be. Good things can and do happen. Keep telling yourself that.

I'll be checking in on your progress. Good luck!

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Coloratura said...

oh and good move on the acupuncture... I am convinced that it has helped me this time around. let's hope it's a 'sticky one'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home